The Catnip Times – Guest Blog Requirements
Application is at the bottom of this page.
The Catnip Times welcomes guest bloggers from around the world. Our site features community-driven content that our readers are interested in to help them strengthen their bond with their cats. Successful guest blog articles are comprehensive, action-oriented, how-to style posts that educate our readers about our favorite subject – cats.
Post topics may include (but are not limited to) cat training, cat behavior issues, cat health, cat diet, and other interesting or fun insights about cats.
Guest Blogging Requirements for The Catnip Times Blog:
- Well-written and high-quality original article related to cats.
- No duplicate content or plagiarism. Your submission must be original and only appear on The Catnip Times.
- Article that reflects the writing style/tone of The Catnip Times blog. Proper grammar, spelling and a fun, relaxed, yet professional tone.
- Include a short, 1-2 sentence author bio including a maximum of 1 text link to the author’s website or social media profile. Include a high-res picture to make the author bio more interesting and increase the likelihood that visitor will visit your site.
- Give proper attribution of data, quotations, and other third-party content referenced in the article. The following are a few examples of how to provide proper attribution.
How to cite a quote:
While it might not be as easy as training a dog . . .
“. . . Cat training should not be a secret tool of cat behaviorists. In fact, cat training can be learned and practiced at home, given enough motivation for both you and the cat.” Franny Syufy, Cat Training – How, Why, and When to Train a Cat
How to cite data:
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) estimates that from 1970 to 2010, the number of dogs and cats in homes has increased from 67 million to an estimated 164 million.
- No length requirements: posts should be as long as they need to be to be high quality and comprehensive. For those that like guidelines, 300-500 words is generally a minimum length for a blog post.
- Posts should be submitted in a Word document (or equivalent) with any image files (including attribution) attached separately.
- Submissions must meet The Catnip Times quality standards in order to get published. We review and edit every piece of content on our site to ensure that it meets and/or exceeds the guidelines above and that it provides value to our community. The Catnip Times reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit.
- Please avoid being self-promotional in the body of your article. Save that for your author bio.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog afterward (it’s that whole duplicate content thing again), but you’re more than welcome to link to it and share it like crazy.
- Reciprocity is nice. We ask that you look for opportunities to include a link back to The Catnip Times to one of our articles.
- If you are advertising a product or service, we offer a variety of affordable sponsored posting options.
- Identity verification. To verify your identity, please send us your LinkedIn profile and any references to work you’ve done elsewhere.
How to Move Forward
- Fill out the form below.
- Provide some background on your site and credentials.
- Provide a link to your LinkedIn profile and any references you may have.
- Pitch several interesting topic ideas.
- Once we agree on a topic, you can begin writing.
- Submit your content via email in a word document and any images with which you own the rights.
- It may take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to publish due to the volume of requests we receive.