Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners v. Kristen E. Lindsey, D.V.M.
Monday, April 25, 2016
Today, April 25, 2016 was the first day of the hearing in the case of Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners vs Kristen Lindsey, DVM, before the State Office of Administrative Hearings.
We spoke with Misty Christo, Staff Attorney for Alley Cat Allies, who was in attendance at the hearing today. Alley Cat Allies has been advocating for justice on behalf of Tiger, the cat allegedly killed by Dr. Lindsey. The following is a brief summary of the hearing today. The hearing room included media, spectators, Tiger’s Justice Team, Misty Christo, staff attorney for Alley Cat Allies, and Lora Dunn, attorney for the Animal Legal Defense Fund.
- Clare Johnson, owner of Tiger. Clare was present to attest to the identity of the cat and to state the lack of consent given in the killing of the cat.
- Bill Johnson, owner of Tiger. Bill was also present to attest to the identify of the cat and to state that there was a lack of consent in the killing of the cat.
- Amy Hemsell, Tiger’s petsitter. Amy was present to attest to the identity of the cat.
- Dr. Gail Golab. Dr. Golab is an expert witness with the American Veterinary Medical Association and testified to the Association’s policies and guidelines.
- Dr. Kristen Lindsey, the veterinarian accused of killing neighborhood cat, Tiger.